Light Nut and Fruit Granola
Recipe adapted from Rose Reisman
Really, you can play around with the nut and fruit ingredients — add and replace as you please, though fresh apples are my favourite fruit in this granola. With the aroma of apples cooking in cinnamon, it’s like autumn in the oven.
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbspn ground cinnamon
- 3 tbspn vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tbspn maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup hulled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely diced apples
- Preheat oven to 300ºF, and line baking sheet with aluminium foil. Grease the foil with vegetable oil spray.
- Combine oats, flour, sugar, cinnamon, oil, orange juice, maple syrup and seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Add apples and raisins. Generally, fruit should be added after the oat mixture has been well-mixed to keep the whole pieces of fruit from being broken up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, checking half-way through to prevent burning.