The inspiration? To do my Christmas baking without cookies. There are so many cookies that will be around – maybe there’s something else I can make? Think of it like the anti-cookie list.
Starting with peppermint – something that really has its central relevance around December..
.. crushed candy canes on top of a dual chocolate layer makes Peppermint Chocolate Bark.
Next, I looked for something that wasn’t all sweetness, and came across Sweet and Savoury Spiced Nuts from a recipe on Epicurious.com
The only thing I altered from the recipe was to stick only to hazelnuts, and have to admit that I forgot about the paprika! Nonetheless, it wasn’t too sweet and my family gobbled it up. We’re crazy about nuts (pun intended) and my dad thought it was store-bought!
With some leftover sugar cookie dough from a Christmas party, I made a half-dozen exception to my anti-cookie rule. Using the remaining peppermint, I whipped up some Peppermint Sugar Cookies. It was one of those last minute throw-together situations when you realize that really you shouldn’t arrive at a friend’s place empty-handed!
Merry baking, everyone! What are you making this Christmas?
- RT @ThePowerPlantTO: Have you been by the gallery to see #Cartography17 yet? The project, by @ArtStartsTO, envisions a collaborative, arts-… 3 days ago
- RT @Limericking: There once was a thinker & writer, A keen intellectual fighter. This eminent figure Dreamt wider & bigger & left the whole… 3 days ago
- #PyeongChang2018 logo marries Korean language motif with global and political messages of openness and unity… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Lots of great lessons here for the non-designer content creator: Why Every Design Needs Three Levels Of Typographic… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- RT @OntarioPlace: Revitalization of #OntarioPlace continues. We are searching for collaborators to renovate the historic Pavilion Pods and… 2 months ago