Grilled Corn Salad
This is a model salad, in my opinion, because of all harmony in different colours, taste, and textures. You’ve got the yellow, green, and red that are bright like the summer; crunchy green peppers and corn combined with chunks of juicy tomato, and the corn is like a sweet note to a singing salad. It tastes great, and there isn’t even any dressing.
My sister made this salad with a night of veal burgers – love it when she’s cooking for us! And typical for Tiff, the veggies are grilled. The corn is the star vegetable in this salad because grilling it makes the flavour come alive – it’s sweet! And the paprika seasoning gives it another dimension of flavour that makes it more than a bowl of vegetables. Here’s the recipe.
Grilled Corn Salad, Recipe adapted from the Food Network
- 6 ears of corn, husks removed
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups of tomato, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbspn olive oil
- 2 generous tbspn of paprika
- 1 tbspn sugar
- Turn the grill on to medium heat.
- Rub corn with cooking oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the corn until slightly browned, and remove from heat to cool.
- Remove the kernals from the corn by scaling the cob with a knife, so that the kernals fall loose into a bowl. Add the chopped peppers, scallions, and tomatoes to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, make the seasoning by whisking together lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, sugar, and salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad with the seasoning until well combined.
- Refrigerate before serving.